[PADG:2170] Permanence of web information

"On the Web, Research Work Proves Ephemeral; Electronic Archivists Are
Playing Catch-Up in Trying to Keep Documents From Landing in History's Dustbin"

<http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A8730-2003Nov23.html>
(short demographic survey required for access, it may also be available in
LexisNexis)

"'I think of it like the library burning in Alexandria,' Dellavalle said,
referring to the 48 B.C. sacking of the ancient world's greatest repository
of knowledge. 'We've had all these hundreds of years of stuff available by
interlibrary loan, but now things just a few years old are disappearing
right under our noses really quickly.'"