[PADG:1924] Re: opening shrink-wrapped books

Here are three ideas: 1) music CD opener,  2)  ask the shrink wrap machine
companies if they sell or recommend something  3) I received a little gizmo
as a promotional item a few years ago---it was a plastic, snail-shaped,
letter (or shrink wrap) opener---fit in the palm of my hand.  It had a flat
plastic "shovel" on the leading edge (the head of the snail) to slide under
the wrapper and then a small blade was tucked inside---so it wouldn't cut
anything it wasn't supposed to.  I think they might be made to cut shrink
wrap (we used to use them to slit Mylar) and I'll bet you could find them
in office supply stores.  Maybe if you find something that works you could
let us know.

Since we're on the subject---can anyone recommend a good shrink wrap
machine---$3,000 or less.
Cheers,
Tyra Grant