[PADG:1644] Re: Newspapers Digitization Redux

Robert:
It's not *really* a newspaper, but the newspaper-like Nation's done just
what you describe. You can go through it page by page, issue after issue.
It's PDF, and to my mind their interface shows the limitations of this
approach. A page pulls up in a frame rather than filling the browser
window, so the user's is forced to choose navigability or legibility (yet
it's difficult to do one without the other). I think with a full-sized
newspaper, even filling the window would still result in this dilemma.

http://www.archive.thenation.com/

You'll have to set up a trial account if your institution doesn't have a
subscription.
Regards,
Steve