[PADG:1566] cell phones

While this is not truly a preservation issue, except for the preservation of
sanity, I thought I would throw it out to you for comment.  Our academic
library is considering banning the use of cell phones, primarily because of
the noise and disruption.  Have any of your libraries dealt with the issue?
Do you have policies to share?  If you have decided not to ban them, why?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Beth Schobernd

Beth Schobernd
Associate Dean of Libraries
Milner Library, Illinois State University
Campus Box 8900
Normal IL  61790-8900
309-438-3481 (voice)
309-438-3676 (fax)
Learn the rules so that you will know how to break them properly - Dalai
Lama