Re: Special Collections move

Dear Janice:  You may wish to subscribe to a new ALA listserv, MOVLIBS-L,
and post your inquiry there.  Send an email, no subject, to
listproc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
In the body of the message, type in subscribe movlibs-l firstname lastname.
No signatures or anything should be included in this message.  Anyway, you
may generate some discussion there which might be of interest.

All the best - Karen

At 11:37 AM 11/19/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Colleagues,
>
>We're planning a move of approximately 20,000 volumes of our Special
>Collections materials from their current stacks to compact shelving on
>another level of the library over the semester break.
>
>We have the opportunity to contract with an outside vendor who will do the
>actual moving of these materials.  Could any of you who have moved special
>collections or archives materials please advise me of any special
>considerations that you included in the moving contract?  We're very
>concerned about the way these materials are handled, and about security
>issues.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Janice Mohlhenrich
>Coordinator, Preservation Initiatives & Services
>Emory University Libraries
>jmohlhe@xxxxxxxxx
>404-727-2437

******************************
Karen E.K. Brown
Field Service Representative
Northeast Document Conservation Center
100 Brickstone Square
Andover, MA  01810-1494
kebrown@xxxxxxxxx
Tel.(978) 470-1010
Fax (978) 475-6021
http://www.nedcc.org

"If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?"