Special Collections move

Hi Colleagues,

We're planning a move of approximately 20,000 volumes of our Special
Collections materials from their current stacks to compact shelving on
another level of the library over the semester break.

We have the opportunity to contract with an outside vendor who will do the
actual moving of these materials.  Could any of you who have moved special
collections or archives materials please advise me of any special
considerations that you included in the moving contract?  We're very
concerned about the way these materials are handled, and about security
issues.

Thanks for your help.

Janice Mohlhenrich
Coordinator, Preservation Initiatives & Services
Emory University Libraries
jmohlhe@xxxxxxxxx