RE: two barcodes??

At Illinois State we use two barcodes, one on the lower back near the
spine and the other on the upper text block side flyleaf.  The outside
one is to be used for inventory, since that placement would not
necessitate completely removing the book from the shelf.  The inside one
is used for circulation, with the checkout slip immediately below the
barcode for stamping.  Most of the decisions on placement were made in
Circulation.  However, I did manage to convince them to put the barcode
on the flyleaf rather than the title page, which was their first choice.