two barcodes??

The question of whether to use one barcode or two
barcodes/book is being discussed at UMaryland Libraries.
Placement is also under discussion. Could my colleagues out
there share with me the practice at their institutions,
and, if its not too much to ask, rationale/opinions about
why they do it that way?

Any comment, whether a quick "one" or "two" or more
detailed information, will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ethel Hellman

Ethel Hellman
Collections Conservator/Program Manager