Re: two barcodes??

>The question of whether to use one barcode or two
>barcodes/book is being discussed at UMaryland Libraries.
>Placement is also under discussion. Could my colleagues out
>there share with me the practice at their institutions,
>and, if its not too much to ask, rationale/opinions about
>why they do it that way?
>Thanks,
>
>Ethel Hellman

We only use 1 barcode at Swarthmore. The most important
reason being that when a book is checked out, if there
are 2 barcodes, they both won't necessarily be checked
out and in.

I'm assuming this is in reference to books that are also
part of a series.  We link individual monographic item
records also to a series record, if needed.

Gretchen

Gretchen Fulforth Stroh
Materials Processing Assistant
McCabe Library, Swarthmore College