Moderation

I am moderating the list for the next two weeks. I'll be reading my mail in
the morning, eastern Canada time zone, so an overnight delay in turning
messages around is likely. Points I would like to see discussed:

1. Earlier this year CIMCIM produced a survey of musical instrument
conservation training and some notes on the role of the MI conservator. Would
list subscribers like an electronic copy of this? Is anybody in a position to
discuss their own experiences in training in this field?

2. As I mentioned in an earlier message, I am doing a dissertation on use of
musical instruments in museums, and MI conservation under these conditions.
What are your thoughts on the making and use of copies? In particular, the
curator's or museum visitor's desire for "the real thing"?

3. Let's have some thoughts on monitoring of instruments in playing
condition. What do you monitor? At what frequency?

4. Tell your colleagues about MICAT-L.

Bob

[Index for current year]
[Table of Contents]