[Table of Contents] [Search]

[frameconnews] Museum Glass

One word of caution about Tru-Vue's museum glass. We installed it on a
client's extremely valuable Picasso drawing and several months later
brought it back into our framing studio for a minor adjustment. Upon
opening the frame we found the glass had either failed or was
defectively manufactured; the Picasso was very slightly light struck.
Upon checking the glass with a UV monitor we found that it was not
filtering.Unfortunately we have no way to track other pieces we may
have framed out from the same pane.

As of that moment we now check every piece of glass we install (we use
nothing but Museum Glass) and record the reading upon a label on the
rear of the frame.
To date we have not run into a defective pane coming out of the
crate,but we truely have no way of knowing if a failure occurs later
unless the client were to return it.

Liability issues in this type of situation always worry us deeply even
though we have a strong hold-harmless contract with each and every
client. However, by recording each reading both on the frame back and
the client's folder, we feel this will go a long way toward covering us
if a failure occurs.

-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=frameconnews&m=1