[Table of Contents] [Search]

[frameconnews] Re: Museum Glass

Title: Re: [frameconnews] Museum Glass
on 3/16/00 11:18 AM, Geoff Osmond at geoff.osmond@talk21.com wrote:

> I am trying to source an anti-reflective u-v protecting glass for a customer
> who wants to reglaze high financial value pictures. I had settled on Tru-Vue
> Museum only to find that their distributors in the UK don't stock Museum.
> Does anyone have an opinion as to the suitability of Tru-Vue Conservation
> Reflection Control as a substitute? Another glass that has been mentioned is
> Denglass low reflectance u-v protecting. Has anyone used this?
> What do museums use?
> Any facts or considered opinions welcomed.
> Geoff Osmond, Framer

Geoff -

Denglas (at least regular Denglass) is not any more protective than regular clear glass. I believe that since the joined with Sandel, they may be coming out with something similar to Tru-Vue's Museum Glass. Tru-Vue's Conservation Reflection Control glass is a reasonable substitute if the object to be framed is not very far from the glass, as blur increases with the distance. It's quite a bit less expensive as well and protects equally well. Good luck.

Sandy Glendinning, CPF

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
el taller picture framing
18501 detroit ave.