[Table of Contents] [Search]

[frameconnews] Re: Museum Glass

Hi Geoff

I use TV Conservation Clear on a regular basis - on my client's work and on my own.  Seldom do I need the AR property.  However, the anti UV filtering is of paramount importance.

Orton

Geoff Osmond wrote:

I am trying to source an anti-reflective u-v protecting glass for a customer
who wants to reglaze high financial value pictures. I had settled on Tru-Vue
Museum only to find that their distributors in the UK don't stock Museum.
Does anyone have an opinion as to the suitability of Tru-Vue Conservation
Reflection Control as a substitute? Another glass that has been mentioned is
Denglass low reflectance u-v protecting. Has anyone used this?
What do museums use?
Any facts or considered opinions welcomed.
Geoff Osmond, Framer

-- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=frameconnews&m=1

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/frameconnews