Subject: Conservation Science Annual

Conservation Science Annual

From: John Scott <nyconsnfdn<-at->
Date: Friday, April 15, 2016
This coming November 15-16, 2016, the New York Conservation
Foundation and the Eastern Analytical Symposium will convene the
22nd NYCF Conservation Science Annual at EAS.  Our topics are
microfade testing (MFT), and coatings development.

Optical spectroscopy and accelerated aging are broadly used in the
study and care of cultural heritage materials and objects.  The
coupling of these technologies in microfade testing for monitoring
and predicting change in materials has been moderately well
researched, and research continues.  MFT has been made useful, and
MFT analytical systems are now used rather widely in cultural
heritage, for instance in evaluating exhibition conditions.  We have
assembled a diverse international roster of ten first rate
conservation scientists and analysts to present on early, current
and developing MFT theory, research, instruments, applications and
experience, and on critical evaluation and assessment of MFT, and on
prospects for the future.  NB: We can still add two contributed
talks, so if you are actively engaged with microfadeometry, please
submit your presentation abstract before May 16, 2016, via the EAS
Call for Papers:

    <URL:http://easinc.org/wordpress/?page_id083>

Coating artworks for protective and aesthetic effects is a
time-honored, diverse and broadly evolving area in heritage
conservation.  A distinctive aspect of modern conservation is
continual evaluation and development of coatings.  Our session on
processes in coatings research looks at conservation science
coatings research past, present and future, focusing on art
outdoors.  Our diverse international roster of four top scientists
researching conservation coatings will show how coatings researchers
address protection criteria, aesthetic criteria, and evaluation and
development of useful methods and materials.

The NYCF Conservation Science Annual at EAS always attracts a good
number of diverse cultural heritage conservation professional and
student registrants, and is also attended by a similarly diverse
group of analytical scientists, allied professionals, and students,
attending the Eastern Analytical symposium from non-heritage fields.
EAS is a very international meeting, especially in our CSA, yet most
non-presenting registrants arrive from the broad northeastern, east
coastal, and midwestern USA surrounding New York City.

Information presented at CSA is always quite current--often
including very, very recent developments.  See URLs below for past
CSAs.  Past speakers and registrants at NYCF's CSA at EAS call this
one of their most interesting and collegial professional
experiences.

Registration at early-discount rates closes October 15, 2016:

See:

    <URL:http://easinc.org/wordpress/?page_idE1>

Watch for the 2016 NYCF CSA at EAS' Preliminary Program, and later
its Final Program, under Symposium/Conferences-in-Miniature and
under Symposium/Oral Technical Program at:

    <URL:http://www.eas.org>

NYCF has produced our CSA collaboratively with EAS since 1994:

    2015

    Search "cultural heritage" for last year's CSA sessions, on
    terahertz technology:

        <URL:http://easinc.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Conf-in-Mini-Oct.15.pdf>
        <URL:http://easinc.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Oral-Sessions-PP-20151.pdf>
        <URL:https://www.facebook.com/events/233383603498741/>