Subject: Call for papers--Eastern Analytical Symposium

Call for papers--Eastern Analytical Symposium

From: John Scott <nyconsnfdn<-at->
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Call for Papers

New York Conservation FoundationF Conservation Science Annual
Eastern Analytical Symposium and Exposition (EAS)
November 16-17, 2015

Since 1994, our Conservation Science Annual at the Eastern
Analytical Symposium has showcased the work of colleagues doing art
and heritage analytical science and technology that makes a
difference for conservators, curators, collectors and scholars.  For
CSA 2015 we have invited emergent leading presenters on Terahertz
and Allied Methods for Cultural Heritage, and we will also host
sessions on diverse Analytical Methods for Cultural Heritage.  Only
abstracts are published, so CSA presenters share results as fresh as
the week before, and are free to re-present and publish elsewhere.

2015 marks NYCF's 21st CSA in collaboration with EAS, an
international analytical chemistry meeting near New York City.  Six
years ago our 2009 NYCF CSA at EAS presented the conservation
profession's first two-session international meeting on terahertz
analysis for heritage and art studies.  Today's proven and
developmental terahertz spectroscopy and imaging capabilities are
much greater and going out into the field, so we're looking at
terahertz analysis again.  We will distribute our roster of
already-confirmed invited speakers and their presentation titles
very soon.

The general EAS Call for Papers is open for volunteer/contributed
oral and poster presentations on any analytical methods for cultural
heritage.

The deadlines for contributed abstracts are:

    Oral presentations: June 14, 2015
    Posters: September 30, 2015

When submitting an abstract for an oral or poster presentation,
please also notify John Scott <nyconsnfdn<-at->aol<.>com> directly.

See:

    <URL:http://easinc.org/wordpress/?p=1963>

Registration:

    <URL:http://easinc.org/wordpress/?page_id=451>

EAS - CSA registration is very affordable:

    Before October 15, 2015: $200
    Afterward $275
    Students' flat rate: $30

In 2014 NYCF collaborated with the New York Microscopical Society
and EAS to organize the NYMS Abbe Award session of talks on the
integration of Atomic Force Microscopy with Infrared spectroscopy,
and we all produced three associated sessions on today's varied and
advanced microscopies in heritage science:

    <URL:https://www.linkedin.com/groups/November-17-19-20th-Conservation-2146278.S.5933346284864823296>

Search the web on "conservation science annual EAS" for more about
prior CSA programs.

Participate in the Conservation Science Annual November 2015 whether
as a speaker or registrant.  See you there,

John Scott
Conservator-Analyst
Co-ordinator, CSA at EAS
President, New York Conservation Fdn