Forwarded message:
From:	awagner@DARM.SOS.STATE.NJ.US (Albin Wagner)
Sender:	RECMGMT@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU (Records Management Program)
Reply-to:	RECMGMT@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU (Records Management Program)
To:	RECMGMT@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Date: 97-04-22 18:42:33 EDT

Thanks to those who provided more information on the URLs
from my files on Disaster Planning and Recovery.  This is
what I like about the RECMGMT list: it really is a group
effort. I'm sorry if they caused anyone any trouble.

At the risk of making any more mistakes, I found a couple
more URLs in my files for Sue Sorneson and anyone else that
may need the information just now:

Library of Congress policy on how to handle water damaged
paper
http://lcweb.loc.gov/preserv/emerg/dry.html

Syracuse University Library Preservation Department
http://web.syr.edu/~libweb/aboutsul/depts/preserve/index.htm

Also, the Records Management and Imaging Services Division
of the Library of Virginia (i.e. the Virginia state
archives), under funding from NHPRC and the General Assembly
of Virginia has prepared a _Workbook for Developing a
Disaster Plan_, by Lisa Fox.  This updated derivative of the
State of Rhode Island _Disaster Readiness, Response and
Recovery Manual_ (1992) contains, like it, the template on a
3 1/2" disk in both WordPerfect 5.0 for DOS, WordPerfect 6.1
for Windows, and Microsoft Word 6.0 for Windows.

You might contact Henry Grunder, Conservation/Preservation
Coordinator at The Library of Virginia
<hgrunder@LEO.VSLA.EDU> or call him at 804/786-6688 to
obtain a copy.

Good luck!

        -30-

Albin Wagner, CA, CRM
Chief, Bureau of Records Management
New Jersey Division of Archives and Records Management
2300 Stuyvesant Ave., CN 307
Trenton, NJ  08625-0307
USA

e-mail: awagner@darm.sos.state.nj.us