Re: [AV Media Matters] CD writing drive with disc labeler.

--=_alternative 0079ED7285256CA7_=

Steve,

eMedia magazine had a review of this drive (model CRW-F1) in its October

2002 issue (pp. 58-60).  The review is generally positive.  About the
Disc
T@2 (pronounced "Tattoo"), the reviewer says

 "I T@2'ed a number of discs with various combinations of images and
text,
including a few with no recorded data at all, to see what it could do
with
all that real estate at its disposal.  My conclusion: not much that
would
make you forget sticky labels.  I'm not denying the ingenuity of the
application - it's a cool idea, and amazing that they could implement it

at all.  But in the end, it's more visionary than visible.  That
wouldn't
stop me from buying the drive - its other strengths are legion - but I
doubt I'd use T@2 much once I bought it."

I don't know if this drive is being closed out, but seeing that it
records
CD-Rs at a mere 44X puts it at a disadvantage in a market where 48X and
even 52X drives are now available and where CD-R record speed has
historically been the major differentiator.

Joe Wrobel

smolians@erols.com
01/07/03 12:34 AM
Please respond to AV-Media-Matters