Re: [AV Media Matters] CD writing drive with disc labler.

Comments by others indicate that the T@2 image is not very visible on
many discs. It is clearly visible on Verbatim azo and on some cyanine
(such as Taiyo Yuden) dye layers.

The critical issue is the recorded quality in the data region. Carefully
check the drive before using it for archival purposes.

If users are willing to sacrifice some capacity, why is 80 minute so
popular, even though quality is sacrificed? 63 minute discs were great,
but no one wants them anymore.

Evidence indicates that writing with water-based inks on the clear inner
ring is safe. Such pens are available from TDK, Staedtler, and Dixon.

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.

This email was sent to: waiscool@cool.conservation-us.org