Re: [AV Media Matters] DVD as Storage Medium

Mitsui Gold CD/DVD will survive for many decades but the retrieval
system will be obsolete in a few years.

Most people would agree with Jim.

What a sad situation. The endless obsolescence problem is well
known, unfortunately the solution seems to be unknown.

It's obvious that manufacturers will not provide a solution. They
are "for profit" entities and are driven by the profit motive to
sell new products, not providing access to AV on obsolete media.

I think at some point, Governments will have to get involved, as
many have to preserve and provide long term access to their
Countries Census records.

Russ Burkel