[AV Media Matters] Labels once again

The great practical danger is that a label comes even looser in the heat of
the inside of the laser player and jams itself and the disc and the player.

Has anyone looked at the standards for adhesives withing the labe industry?
I';m not sure this is still the case, but it used to be that two years was
considered permanent.

Of course, that assumes someone will be playing the preservation copy at
some future date.  Actually, it's pretty likely, if only as part of a
program to migrate it to the next small thing.  And this will probably be
done by an unsupervised somone with a barely basic command of "on-and-off"
switch technology, what I call "janitorial engineering."

Steve Smolian