From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List on behalf of VICTORIA
Sent: Wed 6/17/2009 2:53 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Orphan Audio Symposium?

I am wondering if anyone knows of any symposium  dedicated to orphan audio
collections? I know the Orphans Symposium dedicated to film collections has
included audio components in the past. But as far as i know, no such
symposium for audio as feature, exists.  (aside from the ARSC conference
which covers an array of issues surrounding audio)  Let me know if i am
wrong, and who is doing this with regards to orphan collections.  Or,
perhaps what can be done as a community to launch such efforts. ?

I have been working with a number of un-housed audio collections, and am
curious as to how to shed more light on this expansive area of unpreserved,
orphaned audio.

Very best,
Victoria Keddie

--