Re: [ARSCLIST] New LoC Recording Registry

Those along with the Audio Fidelity Dukes of Dixieland recordings and some of RCA's Boston Pops titles were the very first stereo records many of my friends and I ever heard. They stand up remarkably well even today. I have serious doubts that anybody would have bought stereo phonographs without hearing those "demonstration records" in the stores. I also think that Quad and 5.1 music are the colossal commercial failures that they have been entirely because of the lack of convincing demonstration recordings being available at the time most people got their first exposure to the new formats.

Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com    http://www.thewombforums.com