From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Seubert
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 10:56 AM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Losing New Master Recordings

The article doesn't say, but I would guess that only the 2 track
masters were lost in the bankruptcy of the pressing plant. Their use
of the word master makes it sound like a catastrophe, which it
probably isn't. So they have to remaster/remix the original multitrack
masters? Is that how this works?

I can loan them my Yo La Tengo CDs if they really need something to
make LPs from...

David

On Apr 24, 2009, at 7:26 AM, Michael Shoshani wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 09:06 -0500, Dave Lewis wrote:
>> The tradition continues....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/apr/23/lost-album-masters-matador-r
eissues