Re: [ARSCLIST] Losing New Master Recordings

Yes, but why let the facts get in the way of a good story?

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Seubert" <seubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Losing New Master Recordings

The article doesn't say, but I would guess that only the 2 track masters were lost in the bankruptcy of the pressing plant. Their use of the word master makes it sound like a catastrophe, which it probably isn't. So they have to remaster/remix the original multitrack masters? Is that how this works?

I can loan them my Yo La Tengo CDs if they really need something to make LPs from...

David