[ARSCLIST] history of digital audio exhibitions

Hi folks -- was wondering if anyone knew of any resources (books, journal articles, people I should talk to) that enumerated the "early" history (circa late '90s) of digital audio exhibitions; i.e., oral histories, historical recordings, early commercial recordings, etc. that were made available online by institutional repositories in some sort of curated fashion.

Or, similarly, if anyone simply remembers the name/s of any early projects or initiatives, please let me know.

As matter of full disclosure, I'm a grad student (UT-Austin, School of Information) currently working on a paper on the
digital audio exhibitions.  Scholarly references to the early history of
digital audio exhibition are spotty, to say the least.

Thanks so much.  Feel free to email me off-list.

best,
Dan Shiman

http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Updates2_042009