Re: [ARSCLIST] ARSC Conference Hotel Block is Full

Steven Smolian wrote:
I've not yet booked. I hesitated once I learde there was a $ 39/day valet-only parking charge.
I now plan to park at Union Station (c. $ 20/ day) and walk or taxi to the hotel, depending on the schelppables.
Steve

The info packet discussed Colonial Parking lots, but when you go to their website the do not give any rates except monthly. Is the Union Statiion lot a Colonial? Anybody know Colonial rates or could do a drive-by and look at the rates there and any other lots -- if any other lots exist? Are there park-and-ride lots for the Metro out in the sticks that might be cheaper?

Mike (I already booked) Biel mbiel@xxxxxxxxx

----- From: "Nelson-Strauss, Brenda" <bnelsons@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I was just notified that our room block at the Liaison Capitol Hill is now full. However, it appears that the hotel is willing to negotiate to add more rooms to our block, hopefully at the conference rate. I will notify the list as soon as I am able to reach an agreement with the hotel.

Meanwhile, if you haven't yet made your reservations, but would like to stay at the conference hotel, please email me a.s.a.p. off-list. This will help me to determine how many more rooms to request. It is imperative that all of the extra rooms that we reserve are filled, otherwise ARSC is responsible for the difference. This is why we must be conservative when negotiating the hotel room blocks, and why we come up short each year.

Brenda Nelson-Strauss
ARSC Conference Manager
bnelsons@xxxxxxxxxxx