[ARSCLIST] Audio stream "DVR" software

I'm wondering if some clever programmer has written a program that "records" (captures) audio streams in the background (ie you tell it the website and set a timer and it grabs it and saves it to a file on your hard drive). I believe the latest version of Total Recorder has a timer, but it needs to get an audio feed from the soundcard to work. What I'd like is something that can grab Real or Windows Media streams "live" and then save them to the hard drive for later listening, without having to play the audio "live."

Does anyone know of or use such a program? This would be for a Windows XP computer.

Thanks!

-- Tom Fine