Re: [ARSCLIST] RV: [ARSCLIST] Cleaning of grooved discs

Let me put in a good word for the VPI 17 machine. I've used mine to clean well over 1000 records so far. It's on its third brush and vacuum arm. This is rugged, simple to use and costs much less than a Monks machine, although it's not build quite as bulletproof. I would say any but the largest collection would be OK with a VPI.

The most important tip with any automated record cleaner is to keep anything that touches the record surface clean. I brush lint off the vacuum arm after each use, and wipe the cleaning brush when I'm done with a few sides.

My VPI has never damaged a record and it has radically improved the playability and enjoyment of some dusty relics.