Re: [ARSCLIST] Medtner playing his 3rd Piano Concerto]

On 18/01/2009, Nigel Barrett wrote:

> Testament cd's saw worlwide distribution-I picked up my copy of the
> Medner in Bangkok and had originally read about the Maharajah
> sponsorship in a back isue of Le Grand Baton,the Journal of the Sir
> Thoma Beecham Society. Testament too issued dvd's- the 5 set Toscanini
> N.B.C TV broadcasts 1948-52 incomplet concerts of course wa one good
> example.

All the discs you mention are still available from Testament (or through
Amazon etc).

Your use of the past tense could be misleading.

You will find them at
http://www.testament.co.uk/

Unlike most historical reissue labels, Testament has formal license
agreements with the original copyright owners. This makes their discs
rather expensive.

Regards
--
Don Cox