From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott D. Smith
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 4:08 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Everest classical - new reissues

Hmmm, don't know. I wonder what masters they worked from. I lost track
of them after Steve Hoffman did what I thought was the last transfer
from the 35mm masters back in 1994.

I tried to track down the masters again sometime around 2000, with the
thought of making a set of 3 channel copies for eventual release on some

sort of multi-channel format, but I got tired of dealing with all the
hassles.

 From everything I've been able to glean, the mags are in pretty poor
condition, so I don't know if there is too much more to gained by
another set of transfers.

Scott D. Smith
*Chicago Audio Works, Inc.*

Tom Fine wrote:
> http://www.amdist.com/content.aspx?portalid=1&contentid=29
>
> A UK-based company has reissued 15 Everest classical titles on CD.
> Does anyone have any details about who is behind this? Contact info?
> Thanks!
>
> -- Tom Fine
Access to this email by anyone other than the addressee is unauthorized.