Re: [ARSCLIST] Everest classical - new reissues

Hmmm, don't know. I wonder what masters they worked from. I lost track of them after Steve Hoffman did what I thought was the last transfer from the 35mm masters back in 1994.

I tried to track down the masters again sometime around 2000, with the thought of making a set of 3 channel copies for eventual release on some sort of multi-channel format, but I got tired of dealing with all the hassles.

From everything I've been able to glean, the mags are in pretty poor condition, so I don't know if there is too much more to gained by another set of transfers.

Scott D. Smith
*Chicago Audio Works, Inc.*

Tom Fine wrote:
http://www.amdist.com/content.aspx?portalid=1&contentid=29

A UK-based company has reissued 15 Everest classical titles on CD. Does anyone have any details about who is behind this? Contact info? Thanks!

-- Tom Fine