Re: [ARSCLIST] Cedar, was: Aren't recordings original sources?

Wow, Steve, that's really rude. You apparently have little impulse control yourself. It is you who shouldn't shoot from the hip, and please cease the personal attacks. I won't respond to a personal attack on a public list. If you had any class or dignity, you wouldn't launch them on a public list.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Abrams" <steve.abrams@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Cedar, was: Aren't recordings original sources?

Tom Fine has a tendency, which he should learn to control, to shoot from the hip. He has previously condemned the highly regarded transfers of Ward Marston, Mark Obert-Thorne and David Lennick on Naxos. The time has come to call his bluff. Let him give us a list of reissues he condemns by these restoration engineers and others (e.g, Seth Winner, Roger Beardsley et al.). I say he hasn't a clue as to what is involved in this kind of work and that he appears to be ignorant and abusive. Tom's reputation is based on the fact that he is an expert on mommy and daddy. We know nothing of his own work, not even the name of his company.

Clark Johnson does a better job of protecting himself, but he too is short on factual examples, critiques of the best works of restoration.

I say to both of you, Put up or shut up!

Kind regards,

Steve Abrams

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clark Johnsen" <clarkjohnsen@xxxxxxxxx>