Re: [ARSCLIST] Purpose of ARSCList, was: looking for supplies

Hi Lou (and all),

From the ARSClist page on ARSC's web site:

"Topics appropriate for discussion may include discussion about recorded sound research,
history, innovations, preservation, archiving, copyrights and access and announcements about
ARSC activities and publications. Other lists may be more appropriate forums for subjective
discussions of particular recordings or artists, restoration of antique equipment, buying and
selling recordings and the collecting of ephemera. All messages posted to the list will be archived
permanently. By posting to this list the subscriber agrees to have his or her message become
part of the permanent public archive."

Certainly the topics you mention in your message are listed above, but ARSClist has long been
a venue for music discussion, particularly concerning discography.

It's worth noting (again) that ARSC's Associated Audio Archivists Committee created a message board
for sole purpose of discussing matters related to recorded sound preservation and collection management.

I invite anyone interested in such topics to please visit the board. It's up to us to make the message
board a valuable resource (especially for fellow librarians/ archivists, paraprofessionals, and students
seeking answers to questions).

ARSC page URL: http://www.arsc-audio.org/messageboard.html
Direct URL: http://arsc-aaa.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php

thanks and take care,