[ARSCLIST] Poor sound of modern recordings thread

<< That optimism however is belied by the sorry results heard on most
recordings of the last three decades. Therefore one must wonder,
might inadequate monitoring facilities be to blame? >>

Musical artists (and their producers) must also share responsibility for the
poor sound of modern (ie last 30 years) recordings.   We engineers are
unltimately employees or contractors to the giant egos and whims of artists and
producers.   We are constantly asked to do things we know are wrong (the
loudness/squashed dynamics wars of the last 5-10 years may be the worst example).

This is just one of the reasons why as an engineer I've specialized in
restoration/preservation and spoken word productions.

Dave Radlauer
www.JAZZHOTBigstep.com

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening
at your destination.  Dining, Movies, Events, News &amp; more. Try it out