Re: [ARSCLIST] motion picture amps (optical sound)

There is a similar collection at the Hagmey Museum in Delaware.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] motion picture amps (optical sound)

Jack Honeycutt wrote:
It is a long shot, but I thought I would toss this out in case we have any motion picture sound folks here. I am looking for a schematic of the RCA PA-94 amp. I am also looking for the amp, galvo, microphone, cables etc.. If anyone knows where I might find this hardware, please let me know.

There is a possibility that the schematic might be available thru the Smithsonian. Back in the 70s they received a collection of every piece of printed material that RCA printed during that era from a long-time RCA employee. Elliot Sivovich showed it to me, and it even had things as arcane as the tags tied onto power cords.

Mike Biel mbiel@xxxxxxxxx