Re: [ARSCLIST] cassette crackle

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Biel" <mbiel@xxxxxxxxx>
I have seen some people suggest using a four channel quad head to play back full track tapes and select one AND ONLY ONE of the tracks to use. NEVER mix two tracks together when playing a full track tape. That also goes for cassettes. Never mix the two stereo tracks together when playing a cassette recorded on a mono machine.
I actually used a similar approach to put as many 78's as possible onto a
(theoretically) "stereo" reel-to-reel tape...! The first bunch put the mono
signal onto the, say, Left, channel of the tape, by feeding the mono signal
only into that channel input. The second bunch did the same, with the tape
reversed (track 2?). Then repeat both processes, except plug the mono
signal into the Right channel. Result...?! Four separate tracks full of mono 78's
on one r2r reel of tape!

Of course, one didn't want to play this result back in stereo...?!