To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Swan Records Emperors of Jazz and Don Redman sides

No idea about what still exists, but this Don Redman material has been issued on at least two CDs (from dubs, I presume). These are "Complementary Tracks" by Classics and "Hot Lips Page Story" by Jazz Archives.

Full details of the Emperors of Jazz recordings may be found in Ruppli's Mercury book and under Phil Napoleon's name in other jazz discographies (and a quick Google search of "dixieland classics" "phil napoleon" will also work). The sessions were April 10, 12, May 16, 17, 1946 in New York. These made it to LP on EmArcy but apparently not CD (though I see some homemade transfers being offered).

Mike

mike at jazzdiscography.com
www.jazzdiscography.com