Re: [ARSCLIST] RIAA EQ software

On 8/25/08 11:10 AM, "Bob Olhsson" <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ... the proper loading of phono cartridges is critical and no
> software can correct that.

That's the answer, Bob.  I probably would have gotten better results from
the Sonic if I had used impedance tuning between the phono outs and the ADC
ins when doing my "flat" pass.  I researched the NAD 7100 receiver specs and
discovered that the input Z was identical to the output Z of my Ortofon MM
cartridge (47k?).  But the input resistance of the ADC was way low (Dan said
"a few k Ohms").  In this light, the right DSP could be the winner.  If I
wanted to increase the load Z as seen by the cartridge, would I need a
y-cable and to hang a resistor on the unused ends?  Or is it more
complicated than this?

Andrew