[ARSCLIST] Survey of audio archiving storage strategies?

Does anyone know if a survey looking at digital audio archiving strategies has been conducted recently?

At the Macaulay Library, DVD's of 96/24 AIFF files form our primary digital storage media. We create both a Master and Safety DVD. We also store a copy of the 96/24 Hi-res files on our SANS. Some suggest that we should consider the Hi-res files stored on our SANS as our primary archive (not an opinion I share.) The choice of either storage media as primary may seem insignificant but it does affect our workflow.

If anyone knows of a survey that deals with this topic or would like to share their own strategies, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,

Bill

William McQuay wjm93@xxxxxxxxxxx Supervising Audio Engineer Macaulay Library Cornell Lab of Ornithology

Our Mission:
To interpret and conserve the Earth's biological diversity through research, education, and citizen science focused on birds.