Re: [ARSCLIST] RIAA EQ software

Audacity

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

includes predefined equalization settings for the RIAA standard and for several other types of vintage records including:

acoustic
AES
RIAA
EMI 78
NAB
Decca FFRR Micro
Columbia 78
RCA Victor 1938
Columbia LP
Decca FFRR LP
RCA Victor 1947

http://mikehirst.netfirms.com/images/riaa.jpg

These Equalization curves, written by Mitch Golden and Vaughan Johnson are referenced in the O'Reilly reference book 'Digital Audio Essentials' by Bruce and Marty Fries

http://tinyurl.com/BookRef

Which can be bought from Amazon

http://tinyurl.com/DigitalAudioEsentials

and elsewhere.

Scott Phillips wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for software to apply the RIAA EQ curve
to a file from a disk transfer ? I have Soundforge 9, and figure I could
dial up the approximate curve, but is there anything specific out there
? Free is always nice, but not a requirement.

Scott Phillips

-- Mike Hirst Managing Director DAS-360° 16 Ocean View Whitley Bay Tyne & Wear NE26 1AL

tel: 0191 289 3186
email: mike.hirst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://www.das360.net