Re: [ARSCLIST] Sinatra & Ella: The King and the Queen.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cary Ginell" <soundthink@xxxxxxx>
I had the pleasure of seeing Ella at the Hollywood Bowl in the late '80s. She blew the place away, as Aaron said, but on this particular occasion, she stumbled off of a small riser? (only a couple of inches) and landed on her hands and knees. She made a joke and kept singing, laughing at her own expense. Got a standing ovation. As for sheer excitement, I rank Ella over Sinatra, but they were totally different kinds of singers.

Saw Ella at the "Imperial Room" in the Royal York Hotel, in downtown Toronto, probably
c.1979. I was TOTALLY blown away! One of my fondest musical memories!

So...does anyone exist, in this "post-punk-rock" generation, who is/are capable of an
equivalent level of musical ability...?!

I tend to think not...?!?!

...stevenc