[ARSCLIST] Edison Cylinder numbering series

Hello.

I am trying to get the "number run" series for various Edison cylinders to make a filing system a little easier. I have run into confusing and missing information.

For example, I can state that Edison Blue Amberol cylinders ran from numbers 1501-5732 in the "Edison Blue Amberol Regular List" but where does 22133 fall? As 23000 onwards was a British series?

Also what about the various non Blue Amberol series, like Gold Moulded, regular Amberol (black) and the like ? Is there a clear unique range of numbers one can use at a glance to differentiate between the types?

Any clues would be appreciated. Also is there a similar discography for non Blue Amberols compared to the Sutton work?

Cheers, Darren

¦ D P Ingram ¦ Ab Ingram Oy ¦
¦ darren at ingram.fi ¦ www.ingram.fi ¦
¦
¦ +358 6 781 0275 (FIN) ¦ +46 8 5511 4995 (SWE) ¦ +44 203 014 3839 (UK) ¦
¦ extn 8001
¦