Re: [ARSCLIST] Sinatra & Ella: The King and the Queen.

That's so great to hear Bob. I'm not surprised of course just happy that she was acknowledged as such. I think it is important to note as well that she was really the first person to do the "songbook" of a particular composer or team. When you got the Ella treatment you knew that at least you're finest work was being immortalized by the zenith of popular singers. Of course, everyone knows her version of Tisket a Tasket which brought her into the spotlight and the duets with Pops which are a special delight all their own but if I may single out a performance that I believe is among the 5 or 10 greatest in the history of recorded sound I urge people to listen to her version of "Miss Otis Regrets". It is certainly not her most famous song but if you are not moved by this extraordinary bit of magic you are simply not alive.

AA