Re: [ARSCLIST] FBI Warning

At 03:22 AM 2008-06-19, Steve Abrams wrote:
An ordinary CD is a 16 bit recording sampled 44,000 times per second.

Hello, Steve,

I'm sure you will have a name for this disorder, but for the sake of the archives, a very minor correction: CDs are sampled at 44,100 samples per second.

Your post was excellent, but I don't do pruning--I just acquire less now than I did now that the "basic collection" has been purchased (over 40 years and yes, I still have things on LP that aren't on CD). I have MUCH more space allocated to tape machines, parts, and related stuff, but that's my business...and I'm sticking to that <smile>.

Cheers,

Richard