Re: [ARSCLIST] FBI Warning

Steve Abrams wrote:
I have just acquired the RCA SACD, published last year, of Reiner conducting the Sinfonia Domestica and Bourgeois Gentilhomme Suite of Richard Strauss. The back cover includes a colour reproduction of the seal of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the words "FBI Anti-Piracy Warning: Unauthorised copying is prohibited under federal law." The seal and the warning also disfigure the disc itself.

So far as I know, there is no means readily available to copy any SACD recording. However, I would like to remind people that the CD layer of a hybrid can be copied directly.

Steve Abrams

Steve-

That warning is printed on all UMG product and has been for quite some time at this juncture. It is comically large.

AA