Re: [ARSCLIST] The Emperor's New Sampling Rate By Paul D. Lehrman Mix Magazine April 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Tom Fine <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I shall be interested to read your article.

No promises yet!

> Like I said, my opinion (and this is _ALL_ about opinions and perceptions,
> at base) is that the BAS tests are not useful except to show that most
> people on a system not their own don't have finely-atuned hearing and that
> CD's and hi-rez sound close enough to lead most people most of the time to
> choose preference in a semi-random fashion when not on the system they are
> atuned to. "Passing" or "failing" the test isn't going to convince most
> people with an opinion about this to change it.

All very true, but also a criticism of many if not most such "tests" My
objections pertain more to the equipment design and the unspoken assumptions
made.

clark