To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Studio information WAS The first direct cut and taped lps

At 12:39 PM 5/2/08, Michael Shoshani wrote:

Bob Olhsson <olh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Voyle Gilmore] also told me the Capitol studio took credit for lots of stuff that had actually been recorded at Radio Recorders Annex which was a former RCA studio. It was considered by many to be the finest sounding room in Hollywood.

Would this be 540 Melrose, which had previously been an NBC radio studio? I know the book "Sessions with Sinatra" just raves about the
sound of this studio as being better than sliced bread, far better than Hollywood and Vine when it first opened.

Gents;

Is there any documentation available on the construction/dimensions/acoustics of the more noteworthy recording studios? I don't mean some nostalgic work with lots of celebrity pictures and session anecdotes. I'm interested in solid technical info on the rooms themselves, rather than the recording hardware.

Thanks much,
Ben