To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Studio information WAS The first direct cut and taped lps

Roderic G Stephens <savecal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This a link that shows quite a bit of Radio Recorders
when Elvis recorded there.
http://www.scottymoore.net/studio_radiorecorders.html

That's a really nice article. The pictures are interesting; I wonder how high the ceilings were in that studio...

This line I found strange: "Most of the microphones used in the
studios there by the band (at least in the '50s) were RCA 77DX's with
Elvis sometimes using two for his vocals allowing him to move as he
would often do when singing and still be picked up." ....I think I'd
be too afraid of phase distortion to do that, at least mixing
straight to mono!

Michael Shoshani
Chicago