Re: [ARSCLIST] "Record Club" CD's redux

I would be surprised if bit jitter resulted in audible differences. High bit
jitter usually produces small, short duration read errors that are easily
corrected by the first level of CD-DA error correction.

Electrical, optical, and mechanical quality is important, and it seems that
comprehensive tests have not been conducted. If you wish, I would conduct
such tests at no charge on two "identical" discs, one original label and a
second that sounds worse. Our test results are traceable to the Philips lab.
Our address is at www.mscience.com/contact.html

Jerry
Media Sciences, Inc.