Re: [ARSCLIST] Yet another great box set from Mosaic

If the Proper set sounds good, it's because someone else did good transfers. Proper is a bunch of crooks, in the same league as Prism Leisure and that German "International Music Company AG" (both of whom have stolen transfers from discs I've done).

dl

Tom Fine wrote:
Well, he's not totally forgotten. There are some CD collections:
http://www.amazon.com/Flamingo-Earl-Bostic/dp/B000HOMT1M/tomslinx

and

http://www.amazon.com/Earl-Bostic-Story/dp/B000JMK60S/tomslinx
from this UK outfit called Proper Box. Are they doing legit reissues? I had not heard of them until very recently. I think they have a Lester Young or assorted Keynote artists' box set out also.

He sounds a bit like Sil Austin to my ears.

-- Tom Fine